Embedded Software Engineer
Are you motivated by software and automation? Do you like to make products better, faster, and more complete? Do you enjoy learning new software tools and pioneering them into the company?
WINSYSTEMS, Inc. is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer at our corporate headquarters in Grand Prairie, TX. WINSYSTEMS designs, manufactures, tests and distributes embedded computer systems for industrial applications. Our products include x86 and Arm® based embedded single board computers and I/O modules.
We are looking forward to meeting the right engineer to improve our software ecosystem. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented and self-motivated individual with expertise in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering and 3+ years of related work experience. An understanding of good software design and developer tools as well as familiarity with PC hardware and system architecture is important. We work with Linux, Windows, UEFI/BIOS, U-Boot, ACPI, device trees, drivers, and FPGA firmware. Knowledge of continuous integration and testing tools is a benefit. Background in a computer design and manufacturing environment is helpful. Any applicant should possess some knowledge of electronics hardware, be capable of reading schematics, and have experience operating lab test equipment.
• Computer programming and scripting (e.g. C, C++, Python, Bash, LabView, TestStand, etc.)
• Develop re-useable software continuous integration (CI) infrastructure
• Manage Yocto ecosystem for delivery of GNU/Linux board support packages (BSPs)
• Definition, Testing, and Packaging of Linux OS and Windows OS images for customer use
• Development of Linux Kernel modules and Windows Device Drivers
• Application development, typically in C++/Qt, Python, and 3rd party tools
• Support integration with 3rd party software frameworks, such as ClearBlade and Foundries.io
• Test module development to support hardware engineering and design validation
• Product support, sales support, and debug of customer issues
• Documentation for datasheets, user guides, and production work instructions
• Must be professionally mature, resourceful and willing to take ownership of issues
• Able to perform and adapt in a multi-tasking environment, and work towards continual improvement of company products and processes
• Clearly and effectively communicate project issues and status to team members and management in a timely manner
• Must work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues and customers in a positive, professional, and effective manner while exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
Nice to Haves:
• Database experience to assist in capturing and reporting results
• Familiarity with U-Boot or BIOS/UEFI code for hardware support
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings, schematics, and procedures
• Familiar with tools for source revision control, project management, continuous integration
• Familiar with lab bench tools (Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, etc.)
• Familiar with common hardware interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI, LVDS, PCIe, etc.)
• Computer security literate (e.g. TPM, Root of Trust, Secure Boot, etc.)
• Experience with LabView and TestStand for Test and Validation of hardware
• Inquisitive approach to new technology and a Maker attitude
WINSYSTEMS offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; company paid life and disability insurance; 401(k), paid holidays and PTO. WINSYSTEMS is an Employee-Owned company and thereby offers qualified employees participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).