Sandblasts heavy equipment using sandblasting equipment
This position reports to the Paint Department Supervisor. The ideal candidate should possess knowledge of blasting equipment and should be able to wear the protective suit and helmet and still be able to perform the duties assigned.
• Accident prevention – actively identify, correct and/or report safety hazards to prevent accidents.
• Actively identify and pursue cost reduction and efficiency/profit improvement opportunities.
• Support the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and the Sea Box Quality Policy calling for self-inspection of your work product..
• Sandblasts heavy equipment with proper equipment.
• Cleans grease, dirt, old paint and rust from container boxes.
• Cleans and prepares surface for painting using air-powered sandblasting equipment.
• Applies paper and masking tape to protect unpainted surfaces, such as windows and trim.
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Skills/Qualifications: Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: The candidate should possess 1-2 years of sandblasting experience.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE