Job Title: General Warehouse Manager
The primary and ultimate responsibility of the Distribution/Warehouse Manager is to oversee all facets of warehouse & distributing operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the competencies and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and direction of the distribution center in support of Colony Tire’s policies & guidelines
• Plan and direct the center’s warehouse help and delivery drivers to achieve stated/agreed targets and standards for financial performance and quality.
• Manage personnel based at the distribution center for the warehouse, delivery, and administrative departments, including recruitment, selection, disciplinary procedures, grievances, counseling, pay and conditions, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture and attitudinal development, and performance evaluations.
• Support the implementation of a proactive business strategy, including setting and/or implementing productivity and route profitability goals for the center.
• Serve as the on-site inventory control expert. Conduct daily reviews of all vendor-stock levels to ensure replenishment is on order to meet both regular demand and promotional demands.
• Manage Accounts Receivable at the local level, including responsibility for collections, overnight charges, end of day reporting, and account reconciliation.
• Communicate with IT to resolve local IT issues.
• Support profit plan strategy for efficient use of equipment, facilities, supplies and maintenance. Use the most cost-effective method for deliveries to the distribution center.
• Implement and comply with Company directives concerning health and safety programs (DOT, ADA and OSHA, etc.)
• Champion corporate image and reputation and protect the company brand.
• Maintain a professional image, including appearance and dress.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Organization, planning, preparation, responsiveness, and time management.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of materials, warehouse processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods.
• The ability to listen well, and communicate clearly, accurately, and concisely. The ability to adjust communication style to different audiences.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Comprehensive compensation package and benefit program:
• Competitive salary
• Medical Insurance/125 Cafeteria Plan
• Paid Short-term disability
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Profit Share
• Dental & Vision Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Sick leave
• Holiday Pay
• Bi-weekly pay
VEVRAA CONTRACTOR/SUBCONTRACTOR REQUESTING PRIORITY REFERRAL OF PROTECTED VETERANS
EOE: Minorities/women/protected veterans/individuals with disabilities
EEO Policy Statement
Colony Tire Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Colony Tire Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Colony Tire Corporation expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Colony Tire’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
View the EEO is The Law Poster.