Do not contact us regarding applications - applicant must apply online. This is for our warehouse, not retail store location.
Job Title: General Warehouse Employee - Night Shift
Manually move freight, stock, or other materials, perform other general labor, as well as other duties as assigned by the manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the competencies and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Operating a forklift and related equipment to load and unload trucks and move material within the warehouse.
- Review shipments and advise management of shortages or damages shipments.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets, work tickets or hand held scanner.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Maintaining warehouse area in a neat and organized manner.
- Compliance with OSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mechanical- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Operation and Control- Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management- Managing one’s own time
- Extent Flexibility- the ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with you body, arms, and/or legs.
- Static Strength- the ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts.
- Performing General Physical Activities- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling or materials.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems- Analyzing information and evaluation results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attention to Detail- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Independence- Job requires guiding oneself with little or not supervision and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Integrity- Job requires treating people with respect, keeping commitments, working ethically and upholding organizational values.
- Stress Tolerance- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The environment may or may not be air conditioned/heated seasonally. The employee must regularly lift up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific visions abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. As a result, minor workplace injuries are not uncommon, but employees usually can avoid serious accidents if safe practices are observed.
High school or equivalency, and/or related experience is preferred but not required. Experience operating a forklift is also preferred but not required.
VEVRAA CONTRACTOR/SUBCONTRACTOR REQUESTING PRIORITY REFERRAL OF PROTECTED VETERANS
EOE: Minorities/women/protected veterans/individuals with disabilities
EEO Policy Statement
Colony Tire Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Colony Tire Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Colony Tire Corporation expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Colony Tire’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
View the EEO is The Law Poster.