To review and interpret customer drawings, interface with customers to clarify electrical requirements and specifications and then provide a complete electrical drawing package ready to be executed on the shop floor by our electrical team. Oversee and instruct shop electricians as needed to install electrical systems into modified ISO shipping containers based on customer approved drawings. Be able to perform standard electrical engineering calculations to size and design electrical systems based on projects requirements. Compile electrical parts lists for ongoing projects, maintain electrical inventory and have full understanding of the governing edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
This position reports to the Engineering Manager. The ideal candidate Must be able to work alone. Able to design electrical systems, oversee and instruct on the installation of electrical systems including, but not limited to main distribution panels with all branch circuits fully wired, transformers, Generators, motor starters, DC Voltages, alarm wiring and emergency stop circuits. Complete understanding of the NEC code book. Ability to interpret and execute customer specifications and drawings. Experience in Battery and Energy Storage Systems (BESS) design is a plus.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profitability improvement initiatives.
• Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
• Carry out feasibility studies and proposals for new projects.
• Drawing up electrical plans and schematics using Auto CAD in compliance with governing edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
• Provide technical assistance to clients, sales and project managers as needed.
• Establish projects electrical parts list to ensure designs are cost effective.
• Design electrical systems for Research and Development (R&D) projects.
• Design and build prototypes of electrical and electronic systems according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
• Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
• Write electrical Acceptance test Procedures (ATP) to demonstrate functionality of electrical systems as required.
• Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve developmental problems.
• Interface with customers to analyze and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems.
• Prepare project cost and work-time estimates.
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box? (see list of benefits at www.seabox.com )
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. Must be experienced in all types of electrical installations and must be knowledgeable of the governing edition of the NEC.
Experience: 1-2 years minimum field experience.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability