Stitch weld, full weld components and assemblies with GMAW process. Knowledge of oxy/acetylene and plasma cutter use a plus. Must be able to read tape measure and basic print reading. Will also use basic hand tools and grinder at times.
This position reports to the Operations Manager. The ideal candidate should possess knowledge of machines and tools including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profit improvement initiatives.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident
• Reads blue prints.
• Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as roofing panels, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
• Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
• Fasten seams and joints together with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips, and bonds to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
• Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, and drills.
• Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces, seams, and joints of assembled parts, using hand tools and portable power tools.
• Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
• Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
• Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
• Will also use basic hand tools and grinder at times
• Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
• Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
• Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
• Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
• Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Skills/Qualifications: Education: High school Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: The candidate should possess 2-5 years of welding experience, able to read blue prints. Must pass AWS 4G welding test. Knowledge of oxy/acetylene and plasma cutter use a plus. Must be able to read tape measure and basic print reading.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE