Conduct Receiving, In-process and Final Inspections of Parts, Containers, Shelters, and Welded Structural Steel Fabricated Assemblies by performing Dimensional Inspection, VT, and NDE IAW AWS and Military Specifications. Perform wind, light, water leak, and paint performance tests. Witness electrical testing on all components. Sign each traveler line item as each task is performed and checked before movement to next process step to maintain traceability. Calibrate and Maintain TME and Manufacturing equipment. Complete Inspection Reports, and Sign Product Conformance Release of Finished Product. Maintain Records of Acceptance to ISO9001 Standard. Develop and implement Quality Assurance initiatives. Manage Customer Projects as assigned by the Quality Manager.
This position reports to the Quality Manager. The ideal candidate possesses a basic understanding of manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, painting, and welding processes of Structural Steel Products. Ability to read different types of schematic drawings. Ability to use basic inspection equipment, prepare and write inspection reports, using basic Microsoft Office Programs.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident.
• Determines quality and reliability standards by studying drawings and formulas; verifying specifications with engineering staff.
• Perform NDE of Welds and Welding Processes IAW AWS, Military, and Customer Specifications.
• Identifies purchased products condition by inspecting materials samples; conducting receiving inspections and physical tests of materials.
• Identifies in-process product condition by inspecting samples during productions process; conducting in-process inspections and physical tests.
• Determines disposition of finished products by collecting, classifying, analyzing, and interpreting production and quality data; determine product acceptability in comparison to specifications.
• Determines acceptability or rework by conducting inspections and physical tests of reworked product.
• Documents finished product status by recording and summarizing raw materials, in-process, and finished-product inspection and physical test data; updating quality assurance data based.
• Maintains quality assurance operations by following quality assurance policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Perform precision inspection with equipment such as, calipers, micrometers, DFT, electronic, and mechanical gauges.
• Actively identify and pursue cost reduction and efficiency/profit improvement opportunities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Why work for Sea Box?
401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Skills/Qualifications: Education: High school diploma or GED. Engineering, Science or related Technical degree ASQ CQE, AWS, NACE, AS9100/ISO9001, or Lean Six Sigma Certifications preferred but not required.
Experience: 3-5 Years work related experience.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability