To maintain the company’s fork trucks, road trucks, other light weight vehicles and shop machinery and equipment. Maintains preventative maintenance records and schedules third part maintenance as needed.
This position reports to the Equipment Maintenance Technician. It requires a blend of skills and experience that are specifically focused on fork truck, vehicle, crane and production equipment maintenance. Also responsible for managing maintenance on shop machinery and equipment.
• Accident prevention – actively identify, correct and/or report safety hazards to prevent accidents.
• Actively identify and pursue cost reduction and efficiency/profit improvement opportunities.
• Support the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and the Sea Box Quality Policy calling for self-inspection of your work product.
• Assist in maintenance of fork trucks, vehicles and production equipment, including preventative maintenance.
• Maintain air compressors, including preventative maintenance.
• Repair and maintain paint pumps, rivet guns and shop equipment.
• Work collaboratively with shop personnel to maintain building and equipment items.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Skills/Qualifications: Education: Diesel/fork truck mechanic training. Maintenance savvy.
Experience: At least 2 years of diesel engine maintenance experience or related fork truck or truck maintenance experience. Welding experience preferred.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.