Plan, direct, or coordinates distribution of inbound and outbound containers. Compiles and maintains records of quantity, type, and value of the containers stocked in our establishments.
This position reports to the Logistics Supervisor. Requires excellent communication skills; the ideal candidate must be able to attend the need of various departments while meeting company budgets and deadlines.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profit improvement initiatives.
• Analyze all aspects of logistics to determine the most cost-effective and efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
• Compute reporting metrics, such as on-time delivery rates, order fulfillment rates, and inventory turns.
• Direct inbound and outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or yard activities, safety performance, and logistics quality management.
• Plan and implement container flow management systems to meet production requirements.
• Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistical changes, such as routing, shipping methods, product volumes and carriers.
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems and processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, and shipping.
• Create policies and procedures for logistics activities.
• Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs and services.
• Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
• Develop and maintain models for logistics uses, such as cost estimating and demand forecasting.
• Ensure carrier compliance with company policies and procedures for product transit and delivery.
• Run a series of inventory reports on daily, weekly, or monthly basis and perform detailed analysis of item
• Perform inventory adjustments (quantity and price variance analysis) through communication and reporting with brokers
• Conduct quarterly physical inventories and reconcile on-hand balances to perpetual inventory records. Interpret data on logistics elements, such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing and distribution, supplier management, and transportation.
• Acts as a liaison between our customers and key departments to ensure all parties involved have the correct information to complete orders and reporting satisfactorily. This includes handling, filing and the following up of complaints in regards to the shipping and receiving of our products.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Skills/Qualifications: Education: Able to multitask, excellent communication skills. 1-2 years in similar position.
Experience: 1-2 years in similar position OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
MUST BE CROSSTRAINED IN ALL OTHER LOGISTICS POSITIONS.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability