Performs manual labor along a production line. Operates and troubleshoots production line machinery. Following blueprints or assembly specifications, they solder, glue, combine or fabricate a portion of the product, and then forward their work to the next area of production.
This position reports to the Plant Manager or a Department Supervisor. Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, gloves and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident.
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profit improvement initiatives.
• Some assembly line workers work with their hands only, but they may also have to operate a number of tools and equipment
• He may have to drill holes for the screws in the item or operate different machinery
• Setting up new assembly line
• He must ensure that the time, material and wastage is minimized
• He is responsible for attaching or affixing pre-manufactured components and parts
• He also operates a spot welding machine on a repetitive basis
• As most of the work is done while standing, this job can be exhausting, but workers are rotated for variance in their work.
• They use screwdrivers, pliers, soldering irons and special tools to position and hold parts during assembly
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Knowledge and skills: Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent. Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required. Comprehend written and verbal instructions, able to read blue prints and read a tape measure to a 16th of an inch. Hydraulic experience is a plus.
Experience: 2-5 years experience in similar position.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.