Job Title: Commercial Tire Technician
Employee will be required to repair and replace tires on commercial vehicles at the Colony location, customer locations and on service calls on the side of a highway, as well as other duties as assigned by the manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the competencies and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements.
- Follow established procedures to inspect tires, and wheels before and after service.
- Determine repairable tire conditions and make such repairs.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
- Document work performed accurately and according to company policy.
- Unbolt and re-bolt wheels from/to vehicles, using lug wrenches and other hand and power tools.
- Mount and dismount any type of tire on drop center, semi-drop center and multi-piece rims.
- Match mating of dual assemblies.
- Identify and inflate tires correctly for the size, ply, and load requirement.
- Place wheels on balancing machines to determine counterweights required to balance wheels. Hammer required counterweights onto rims of wheels.
- Replace valve stems and remove puncturing objects.
- Pull vehicles in and out of shop safely.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mechanical- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Operation and Control- Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operation Monitoring- watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Time Management- Managing one’s own time
- Extent Flexibility- the ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with you body, arms, and/or legs.
- Static Strength- the ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Knowledge of commonly used tools- Ability to recognize and used a variety of tools, including but not limited to power tools, such as pneumatic wrenches, machine tools, such as lathes and grinning machines, jack sand hoists, and common hand tools.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, and commercial vehicles.
- Performing General Physical Activities- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling or materials.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems- Analyzing information and evaluation results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attention to Detail- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation- Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Independence- Job requires guiding oneself with little or not supervision and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Integrity- Job requires treating people with respect, keeping commitments, working ethically and upholding organizational values.
- Stress Tolerance- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, there for exposure to heat and cold is to be expected. Employees frequently work with dirty and greasy parts and in awkward positions. The employee must regularly lift up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. As a result, minor workplace injuries are not uncommon, but employees usually can avoid serious accidents if safe practices are observed.
High school diploma or equivalency, and/or related experience is preferred but not required.
VEVRAA CONTRACTOR/SUBCONTRACTOR REQUESTING PRIORITY REFERRAL OF PROTECTED VETERANS
EOE: Minorities/women/protected veterans/individuals with disabilities
EEO Policy Statement
Colony Tire Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Colony Tire Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Colony Tire Corporation expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Colony Tire’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
View the EEO is The Law Poster.