Supervises the paint functions and staff by planning, scheduling, assigning and monitoring the work and supply.
This position reports to the Plant Manager. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of paint equipment and different paint systems. Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices and techniques. Knowledge of tools, equipment and materials common to the painting trade. Skill in the preparation and application of paints to different types of surfaces. Skill in estimating time and material requirements of work projects assigned. Ability to effectively communicate. Additionally, the ideal person must possess thorough knowledge of the painting industry along with proven problem solving and decision making skills within an industrial environment. Candidate should have experience in ordering and maintaining “just in time” paint and material inventory and managing or supervising a crew of at least ten employees.
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profit improvement initiatives.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident
• Actively supervise all operations of the Paint Department.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees, or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight.
• Interpret and work from supplied drawings and job specifications, instruction manuals, manufacturer’s handbooks, change orders, and contract specifications to complete jobs assigned.
• Plan and schedule tasks assigned to all personnel under their direction
• Lead a team and train them in aspects involved in their daily activity that includes but is not limited to painting and preparation techniques, safety practices, ISO policies and procedures, time management, supply management and waste, etc.
• Estimate man-hours and material for assigned work, managing a labor and material work budget.
• Develop and execute schedule and budgets for assigned work.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, 5-S and similar manufacturing techniques.
• Ability to foresee scheduling issues and risk management to formulate preventative and corrective action plans.
• Oversee paint traveler accuracy and completeness.
• Supervisory skill necessary to keep workers on value-added, activities.
• Initiate paint and supplies purchase orders and manage inventory levels to ensure efficient production.
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred along with a minimum of 6 years experience in a similar
Experience: Successful candidate will promote Kaizen activity - constantly identifying and implementing
improvements (safety, quality, cost, delivery). Must understand and be committed to ISO 9000 procedures and
requirements. Should be Knowledgeable of OSHA and EPA regulations and NESHAP requirements. Experience in
high production, fast paced environment is required.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.