The personal banker supports personal banking function by offering customers a variety of products and services. The personal banker opens and processes new deposit accounts and provides information on bank products and services. The personal banker meets the needs of customers by providing quality personalized service.
• Greets customers and assesses their needs.
• Processes customer transactions with professionalism and courtesy.
• Meets with customers and effectively determines appropriate banking needs for each customer.
• Open and close various customer accounts based on customer need.
• Handles customer complaints and works through these sensitive issues to resolution.
• Performs data entry to complete reporting requirements.
• Knows the identity of the customer to reduce fraud and risk of loss to the Bank.
• Maintain a valid notary commission.
• Maintains strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with Bank policy.
• Maintain policy and procedures as defined by Management.
• Cross-sell products and services.
• Assist with customer phone calls in a timely and courteous manner.
• Maintains a positive working relationship with customers and co-workers.
• Maintain personal grooming and company dress and appearance standards.
• Maintain company attendance standards.
• Other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
• High school graduation or G.E.D. equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Two years of personal banking or bank customer service experience.
• Satisfactory credit and criminal background check.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Hard Skills: Proficient in basic personal computer operations. Proficient in 10-key. Able to type efficiently.
• Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail , organization skills, can-do attitude, problem solving skills, decision-making skills sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
• Typical Physical Demands:
• Regularly required to talk and hear.
• Requires standing and or sitting for an extending period with some walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
• Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Affirmative Action/EEO Policy Statement
InterBank is committed to maintaining an environment of equal opportunity. Accordingly, it is InterBank’s policy to provide equal opportunity for employment, advancement, and benefits to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, religion, sex, color, national origin, disability, citizenship status, uniform service membership/veteran status, or any other protected status as established by law.
Our commitment is to achieve and maintain excellence through full and equal opportunity, which is fundamental to the existence of InterBank. It is therefore the policy of InterBank not only to avoid direct discrimination but to go further. The company will act affirmatively to identify and eliminate barriers that may exclude or impede members of certain groups in their pursuit of excellence. Such affirmative action will address the treatment of persons who are already members of the company, as well as applicants for admission or employment.