Performs work in the painting, finishing, and maintaining of a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces and structures; may direct the work of other staff in the area; and perform related work as required. The Painter prepares surfaces for painting and finishing; applies undercoats and finish coats using the full range of application methods and materials; mixes and matches paints and finishes; advises in the selection and storage of painting materials.
This position reports to the Paint Department Supervisor. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of paint equipment and different paint systems. Must be able to work with paint suit and mask.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profitability improvement initiatives.
• Stencils lettering and other identifying information on vehicles according to specifications.
• Selects paint according to company color scheme and specifications.
• Stirs paint and pour into spray container and apply primer or finish coat of paint, using spray gun. Paint areas inaccessible to gun with paint brush
• Disassembles paint equipment and cleans equipment using solvent, wire brushes and dry cloth.
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred. School trained painter course graduate.
Experience: The candidate should posses at least 5 years of painting experience in an industrial environment (i.e. manufacturing, automotive, etc.) Must have experience with Industrial coatings, military paint experience a plus.
Paint types include: enamels, polyurethane, epoxy, water base, Military C.A.R.C. coatings.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.