Help installation, maintenance, and repair workers in maintenance, parts replacement, and repair of vehicles, industrial machinery, and electrical and electronic equipment. Perform duties, such as furnishing tools, materials, and supplies to other workers; cleaning work area, machines, and tools; and holding materials or tools for other workers.
This position reports to the Director of Refrigeration Operations. The ideal candidate should possess basic knowledge of all positions in the shop.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident.
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profit improvement initiatives.
• Actively identify and pursue cost reduction and efficiency/profit improvement opportunities
• Tend and observe equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
• Examine and test machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
• Adjust, connect, or disconnect wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand or power tools.
• Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
• Clean or lubricate vehicles, machinery, equipment, instruments, tools, work areas, and other objects, using hand tools, power tools, and cleaning equipment.
• Apply protective materials to equipment, components, and parts to prevent defects and corrosion.
• Transfer tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from work stations and other areas.
• Disassemble broken or defective equipment to facilitate repair and reassemble equipment when repairs are complete.
• Clean work areas and equipment.
• Perform support duties to assist painters, blasters, or welders.
• Apply protective coverings such as masking tape to articles or areas that could be damaged or stained by work processes.
• Assemble and maintain physical structures, using hand or power tools.
• Provide assistance to more skilled workers involved in the adjustment, maintenance, part replacement, and repair of tools, equipment, and machines
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Skills/Qualifications: Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: The candidate should possess 1-2 years labor experience.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE