Be part of a travel team for possibly 1-2 weeks at a time, every other month. Perform manual work that includes repair and installation of various machines and equipment.
This position reports to the Project Supervisor. Work involves the application of trade skills in installing, repairing, maintaining, and servicing various types of machinery and equipment. Work is assigned by a foreman and the employee works with some independence on routine assignments. Requires the exercise of judgment in determining the extent of repair and work procedures. Supervision may be exercised over one or several helpers on major repair and installation jobs. Work is subject to regular inspections by a foreman, and is also reviewed by the persons requesting services. Job requirements, on occasion, require work beyond normal duty hours resulting from emergency or high priority work.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profitability improvement initiatives.
• Must pass government background check
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Job requires general labor experience.
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
• Increased hourly rate during travel period
• Travel, lodging and meals are covered by Sea Box
• Paid sit time on weekends and HOLD when the team is not able to work onsite
• Optional travel incentive bonus for lodging
Skills/Qualifications: Knowledge of the principles, practices, materials, tools, and equipment of machinery to be installed. Skill in troubleshooting equipment. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade. Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions and to work from blueprints and sketches. Skill in the use and operation of tools and equipment used in the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment. May require fork truck operation and related certification.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: The candidate should posses 2-5 years related experience.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE