Contribute to improved efficiency by giving support both operationally and administratively. Arrange and manage import/export shipment bookings and related customs clearance transactions. Track international and domestic shipments.
This person reports to the Logistics Supervisor. This position requires extensive software skills, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills. Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information, Professionalism, Problem Solving, Supply Management and Flexibility in work assignment and change. Negotiation skills are required for dealing with ocean shippers and trucking companies.
• Actively correct or report safety hazards to prevent accidents.
• Identify and implement profit improvement initiatives.
• Assist and support Logistics Supervisor with import/export shipments and domestic trucking bookings, as well as major customer local delivery requirements.
• Provide shipment estimates for sales quoting purposes.
• Arrange and manage import/export shipment bookings and related customs clearance transactions.
• Review ocean freight and customs clearance invoices for accuracy and completeness.
• Solicit quotes from ocean shippers and trucking lines and negotiate best rates.
• Track ocean and trucking shipment to proactively prevent demurrage penalties.
• Comply with U.S. government contract shipping requirements (E.g., U. S. flag vessels when required).
• Obtain Proof of Delivery (POD) documentation when required.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Skills/Qualifications: Education: 3-5 years of logistics management experience. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Negotiation skills. High school diploma, G.E.D. College degree a plus.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in logistics-related work.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.