Stitch weld, full weld components and assemblies with GMAW process. Knowledge of oxy/acetylene and plasma cutter use a plus. Must be able to read tape measure and basic print reading. Will also use basic hand tools and grinder at times.
This position reports to the Plant Manager or a Department Supervisor. The ideal candidate should possess knowledge of machines and tools including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profit improvement initiatives.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident
• Reads blue prints.
• Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as roofing panels, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
• Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
• Fasten seams and joints together with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips, and bonds to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
• Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, and drills.
• Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, and smooth surfaces, seams, and joints of assembled parts, using hand tools and portable power tools.
• Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
• Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
• Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
• Will also use basic hand tools and grinder at times
• Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors.
• Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding.
• Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
• Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
• Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Skills/Qualifications/Education: High school Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: The candidate should possess 2-5 years of welding experience, able to read blue prints. Must pass AWS 4G welding test. Knowledge of oxy/acetylene and plasma cutter use a plus. Must be able to read tape measure and basic print reading.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE