Performs manual work at that includes repair and installation of various machines and equipment.
This position reports to the Director of Refrigeration Operations. Work involves the application of trade skills in installing, repairing, maintaining, and servicing various types of machinery and equipment. Work is assigned by a foreman and the employee works with some independence on routine assignments. Requires the exercise of judgment in determining the extent of repair and work procedures. Supervision may be exercised over one or several helpers on major repair and installation jobs. Work is subject to regular inspections by a foreman, and is also reviewed by the persons requesting services. Job requirements, on occasion, require work beyond normal duty hours resulting from emergency or high priority work.
• Accident prevention – actively identify, correct and/or report safety hazards to prevent accidents.
• Actively identify and pursue cost reduction and efficiency/profit improvement opportunities.
• Support the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and the Sea Box Quality Policy calling for self inspection of your work product.
• Overhauls and services machines or units by repairing or replacing and adjusting worn or broken parts; tests equipment; repairs or adjusts valves, piping connections, fittings, and couplings; removes and installs motors.
• Assists in installing air conditioning, heating, or any other machines and related equipment and components; may supervise and instruct one or several helpers.
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Job requires general labor experience.
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Skills/Qualifications: Knowledge of the principles, practices, materials, tools, and equipment of machinery to be installed. Skill in troubleshooting equipment. Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade. Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions and to work from blueprints and sketches. Skill in the use and operation of tools and equipment used in the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: The candidate should posses 2-5 years related experience.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.