The Parts Counter is responsible for assisting all shop employees find needed parts and supplies. Must have basic knowledge of hardware/fasteners and tools.
This position reports to the Purchasing Manager. This position is responsible for fulfilling customer parts orders and providing the installation and assembly team with the correct parts and equipment in a timely and consistent manner. The successful candidate needs to possess superior customer service skills.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profitability improvement initiatives.
• Tracking all incoming and outgoing parts
• Locating available parts when out of stock.
• Provide outstanding customer service.
• Assist Purchasing Manager to ensure appropriate parts inventory levels are maintained
• Pulls and fills orders from stock
• Packaging and shipping parts back to the manufacturer from time to time, and completing the appropriate record keeping.
• Referring to parts manuals (both hard copy and electronic format) to identify exactly the right part(s) for the job.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Skills/Qualifications: Must have computer proficiency. Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service. Valid driver's license
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: The candidate should possess 1-2 years’ experience in similar position.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.