Under general supervision, this position is responsible for development, enhancement, and maintenance of instructional materials for computer-based training related to research in emergency dispatch, public health, and public safety. The position may also be responsible for writing portions of research reports in collaboration with a research team.
• Develops course objectives in coordination with subject matter experts
• Develops, evaluates, revises, and enhances training materials
• Develops and writes quizzes and other evaluation tools
• Designs and writes content for web-based training modules
• Organizes & indexes historical educational materials
• Assists in the development of product schedules, tracks progress on assigned projects, and communicates progress to relevant individuals/departments
• Organizes and writes technical documents and research materials
• Maintains a supportive attitude toward work and colleagues
• Degree (or comparable work experience) in instructional design, technical writing, or other similar field
• Excellent written communication skills
• Strong content organization skills
• Strong computer, database, and archive skills
• Strong editing/proofreading skills
• Demonstrated familiarity with at least one e-learning development software package (e.g., Captivate)
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to adapt to changing information quickly
• Experience in data base and indexing preferred
• Knowledge of Flash (desired but not required)
• Interest in, and familiarity with, the scientific research process (desired but not required)
Essential Job Functions:
• Organizing and coordinating information and deadlines
• Creating written communication
• Frequent computer use
• Sitting for long periods of time
• Concentrating for long periods of time
Submit resume and salary requirements at http://www.speediarms.com/jobboard/default.aspx?customer=2ef569d6-b41d-4cd9-a1b3-ae5a67462da8
Our company thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
"To advance and support the public-safety emergency telecommunications professional and ensure that citizens in need of emergency, health, and social services are matched safely, quickly, and effectively with the most appropriate resource."
Equal Opportunity Employer. The International Academies of Emergency Dispatch is based in the U.S. in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and matching 401K programs, etc. www.emergencydispatch.org
The IAED is a premier research and standards-setting organization in the field of Public Safety and Public Health. A major part of our mission is to conduct original research on emergency dispatch, emergency telecommunications, public health, public safety, emergency communication telephone nursing and telephone nurse triage, and EMS response. We work with public safety and public health professionals, including researchers, EMS physician medical directors, fire, police and 911 center administrators in many countries around the world. IAED also conducts research and provides training and education for dispatch professionals in several disciplines.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Click here to view the Federal EEO poster: