Prepare jigs or set-ups for welding. Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products.
This position reports to the Plant Manager or a Department Supervisor. The ideal candidate should be able to read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings and specifications, manuals and processes. Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications.
• Accident prevention – actively identify, correct and/or report safety hazards to prevent accidents.
• Actively identify and pursue cost reduction and efficiency/profit improvement opportunities.
• Support the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and the Sea Box Quality Policy calling for self-inspection of your work product.
• Assembles and tack-welds steel frames and other component parts of machinery and equipment in preparation for final welding
• Measures and marks locations for metal components on assembly table, following blueprints
• Lifts and positions components on assembly table, using electric crane, jacks and shims.
• Verifies position of metal components in assembly, using straightedge, combination square, calipers and rule.
• Clamps metal components to assembly table for welding
• Removes rough spots from castings using portable powered grinder and hand file to fit and assemble parts
• Welds parts in preparation for final welding
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Skills/Qualifications: Education: High school Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: The candidate should possess 2-5 years of welding/assembling experience, able to read blue prints.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.