Operate industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location
This position reports to the Paint Supervisor. The ideal candidate should be a certified forklift operator and have experience in a similar position. Detail oriented and team player.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profitability improvement initiatives.
• Inspect product load for accuracy, and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
• Move controls to drive gasoline- or electric-powered trucks, cars, or tractors and transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas.
• Move levers and controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams and swivel-hooks, hoists, and elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, and stack material.
• Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, and boxes, and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
• Manually or mechanically load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
• Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and auxiliary equipment, such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, fueling, or replacing liquefied-gas tank.
• Weigh materials or products, and record weight and other production data on tags or labels.
• Operate or tend automatic stacking, loading, packaging, or cutting machines.
• Turn valves and open chutes to dump, spray, or release materials from dump cars or storage bins into hoppers.
• Signal workers to discharge, dump, or level materials.
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred
Experience: The candidate should possess 1-2 years related experience.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/