The Assistant Plant Foreman is responsible for the direction and management of the production employees (welders, electricians, painters, and general construction type laborers) through department supervisors.
This position reports to the Plant Foreman. The ideal candidate must be a well-seasoned manager/ leader of large programs and personnel. Must possess exceptional mechanical abilities and be able to conceptualize ideas and produce mechanical drawings. Must be able to communicate throughout the entire organization and be prepared to discuss projects with client if necessary.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profit improvement initiatives
• Enforce safety and quality regulations.
• Manage jobs on shop floor to stay within estimated/budgeted hours.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
• Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
• Direct supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
• Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
• Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
• Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Learns lean manufacturing initiatives such as Kaizen events and elimination of the 8 wastes.
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profitability improvements.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Skills/Qualifications: Education: Associates Degree in Science or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work related experience.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of management/leadership within large organizations.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability