Manages various programs/projects from beginning to completion (estimate/quote to profitability evaluation). Acts as a liaison between Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Quality and Management.
This position reports to the Sr. Sales Manager. The ideal candidate should possess outstanding analytical skills, product and production knowledge, verbal and written communication skills, and technical and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Must have previous experience with Microsoft Office Applications, including MS Project. Analytical skills and the ability to make recommendations and to prepare detailed reports.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident.
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profit improvement initiatives.
• Prepare estimates and/or assist in estimating process, including confirmation with production.
• Identifies goals, constraints and resources for projects.
• Defines objectives, proposes strategies and priorities.
• Ensures all parts and materials are procured, received and organized before release of job to production.
• Manages new or changed requirements as well as risks assessment.
• Securing and maintaining adequate and sufficient information distribution.
• Makes recommendations for a more efficient workflow, for on time jobs that meet our quality standards and customers requests.
• Coordinates tasks and duties as required to successfully bring projects/ programs to completion by reaching set goals.
• Monitors job progress compared to estimate/expectations as job progresses. Provides updates and revised MS Project schedules to those concerned.
• Evaluate actual v. estimated job costs and report results to sales and top management.
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, project scopes and computer-generated reports.
• Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
• Creates lines of communication about the project at all necessary levels of the organizational chart as necessary and ensures the timely delivery of materials needed to complete a project.
• Works directly with Inventory Specialists responsible for parts accountability associated with assigned projects. Focuses on management of inventory control processes dedicated to readiness and loss prevention.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
• Open to travel
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or Finance or equivalent experience. Technical planning and organizing are two strong characteristics the candidate must have. Given the responsibilities and deliverables from the projects, must have a high structural ability in order to create and drive the development teams on different levels. Self-motivated, with the drive to solve problems and expand their knowledge. Proactive. PM Certification a plus.
Experience: 2-5 years’ experience in similar position.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability