The HR Generalist will oversee all aspects of human resources in order to promote corporate values and enhance business success through HR management.
• Responsible for Manager and Employee training and development, including the following areas: Safety, Discriminatory Practices, Harassment, Supervision Skills, Conflict Management, Performance Reviews, Counseling, and Coaching Skills.
• Research, create, and maintain compensation ranges for all positions
• Maintain the Employee Handbook
• Maintain organizational charts and employee directories
• Serve as a liaison between each employee and the company while looking out for the overall best interest of both
• Manage all job descriptions for relevancy and accuracy
• Advise management on disciplinary actions and terminations including severance payments
• Develop and maintain a Human Resource business plan
• In coordination with department management, develop performance evaluation systems for each employee
• Facilitate hiring of employees, including writing job descriptions, preparing and placing employment ads, and interviewing candidates
• Coordinate drug screening and background checks for new employees
• Assist employees with all claim issues with any of the benefit plans
• Work with insurance company related to all Workers Comp Claims
• Develop employee incentives and motivation programs
• Confidentially maintain personnel files
Payroll Related Duties:
• Manager payroll data
• Oversee all aspects of PAYCOM Payroll Service.
• Verify employee time worked is accurately recorded for each pay period
• Maintain all benefit deductions, tax deductions, and earnings in payroll system
• Serve as a liaison between employees and PAYCOM for all payroll matters
• Maintain accurate payroll records
Benefit Plan Related Duties:
• Review and submit all monthly benefit plan billings and approve for payment
• Arrange and participate in the 401K Investment Committee meetings
• Approve 401K distributions for employees
• Organize and attend annual employee 401K meetings
• Work with Client Manager on all 401K plan design questions
• Work with 401K management company to complete the Non-Discrimination testing for the 401K plan
• Work with Auditors on the annual 401K plan Audit
• Work with insurance auditor on annual Workers Comp audits
• Assist new employees with 401K rollovers from previous employers’ 401K plans to Fillauer’s
• EEOC reporting
• ACA compliance
• Keep up to date with current labor laws.
• Comply with all existing governmental and labor laws and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, Workers Compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), etc. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
• Protects the interest of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
Requirements and Experience:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development or equivalent
• Five to ten plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources
• Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations preferred.
• SHRM-CP®, SHRM-SCP®, PHR® or SPHR® certification preferred
• Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and HR software.
• Paycom experience a plus
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
• Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality
• Excellent organizational skills