The Cultivation Manager is integral to the success of the production process. The qualified individual must have at least three years of commercial grow experience as a Master Grower with a background in either Cannabis or large scale commercial plant cultivation.
The focus of this position is to supervise all the tasks in the growing of medical cannabis plants including: cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, and waste disposal.
• Perform all the tasks in the plant growth process including: cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal, plant breeding and inventory management.
• Direct and manage Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies with special focus on organic remedies and predatory insects.
• Implement and modify robust cultivation procedures and nutrient regiments.
• Manage plant scheduling and organization to precisely project all garden needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to keep garden green and expenses low.
• Catalogue and analyze each individual strain from clone to flower to harvesting using seed to sale system.
• Assist state and local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
• Manage and train cultivators.
• Ensure actions taken in the facility are systems based.
• Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
• As a member of the Safety and Security Management Committee is responsible to ensure security and safety related procedures, work instructions, forms, and employee training are annually reviewed and updated appropriately to maintain compliance to local and state requirements.
• Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary.
• Other Duties as needed.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years of commercial grow experience as a Master Grower
• Knowledge of large scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, air flow, etc.
• Mastery of Soil growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria and nutrient implementation.
• Mastery of container systems with soil as well as understanding temperature and humidity manipulation.
• Expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, and plant treatment options.
• Extensive knowledge of successful Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies with special focus on organic remedies and predatory insects.
• Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of grow warehouse.
• Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics.
• Must be able to provide grow resume, pictures and portfolio at interview.
• Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Advance education or certification on plant cultivation is preferred.
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Ability to successfully pass a background check.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Physical Activities and Requirements:
• Able to lift 50 lbs. of weight at any given time with assistance.
• Able to stand on their feet for at least 8 hours a day with constant movement.
• Required to work with hazardous chemicals and to wear appropriate PPE.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants will be considered based on their qualifications, skills and experience.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans, individuals with disabilities, and residents of the City of McKeesport are encouraged to apply.
Based on its internal policies, Company reserves the right to give preference to Minorities, Females, wounded or honorably discharged Veterans, individuals with disabilities and residents of the City of McKeesport that possess the requisite qualifications for the position when making any appointment or promotion.