This position will office at the Interbank located at 4921 N May Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73112.
The internal auditor is responsible for executing the audit testing strategy as assigned, the day-to-day conduct and completion of the audit, and drafting the audit report.
• Interviewing management to obtain an understanding of business processes, identifying risks within the process, and internal controls.
• Summarizing information received from management into a concise and complete description of the process. Filtering information that is not critical to understanding the process.
• Identifying and assessing risk points within the process.
• Evaluating the significance and likelihood of identified risks.
• Identifying internal controls which mitigate the identified risks. Validating with process owners that all relevant internal controls have been identified.
• Accumulating audit evidence to support the engagement objectives. Filtering information received so that the best audit evidence is identified and retained in the audit work papers.
• Documenting audit tests performed in conformance with the Audit Department standards.
• Designing audit samples. Evaluating the characteristics of the population and the risk level in determining a sample size. Validating the sample design with the Audit Senior.
• Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls.
• Communicating audit findings on a timely basis.
• Identifying weaknesses in internal controls and/or process improvement opportunities. Documents audit findings in conformance with Audit Department standards.
• Communicating with Director of Internal Audit when difficulties arise in completing the work within the assigned time.
• Assembling the draft audit report, ensuring that all review notes have been addressed, and determining those findings deemed reportable to be included in the report or other findings to be handled verbally in the closing meeting.
• Keeping the Director of Internal Audit informed regarding the status of audits in progress, and contacting the Director of Internal Audit regarding targeted audit completion, and scheduling of the formal audit review meeting.
• Performing follow-up on issues that management has closed.
• Assisting external auditors, regulatory examiners, and other consultants as necessary.
• Coordinate the monthly and quarterly continuous audit testing (CAT).
• On a rotating basis, serve as recording secretary to the Audit Committee.
• Assist in the supervision and training of the Audit Intern(s).
• Demonstrates knowledge and expertise of general bank accounting procedures and support the Company’s overall mission, standards, policies and procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
• Maintain personal grooming and company dress and appearance standards.
• Maintain company attendance standards.
• Other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree required with a major in Accounting or Finance preferred. General banking or regulatory compliance experience considered a plus.
• Professional certification (CPA, CIA. or similar) or progress towards certification is preferred.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Satisfactory credit and criminal background check.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Hard Skills: Proficient in basic computer operations. Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Able to type efficiently.
• Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, organization skills, can-do attitude, problem solving skills, decision-making skills sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
• Typical Physical Demands:
• Regularly required to talk and hear.
• Requires sitting for an extending period with some walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
• Occasional light lifting not over 25lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Affirmative Action/EEO Policy Statement
InterBank is committed to maintaining an environment of equal opportunity. Accordingly, it is InterBank’s policy to provide equal opportunity for employment, advancement, and benefits to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, religion, sex, color, national origin, disability, citizenship status, uniform service membership/veteran status, or any other protected status as established by law.
Our commitment is to achieve and maintain excellence through full and equal opportunity, which is fundamental to the existence of InterBank. It is therefore the policy of InterBank not only to avoid direct discrimination but to go further. The company will act affirmatively to identify and eliminate barriers that may exclude or impede members of certain groups in their pursuit of excellence. Such affirmative action will address the treatment of persons who are already members of the company, as well as applicants for admission or employment.