An entry level compliance position that provides support to InterBank’s Lending Compliance Department. Assists Lending Compliance Staff with the Bank’s efforts to maintain compliance with lending laws and regulations. Performs compliance reviews of loan documentation and reports to the Loan Operations Manager. Mortgage and consumer lending compliance knowledge is helpful, but not required.
• Interprets regulations working in conjunction with impacted departments and processes, to include ensuring that policies and procedures reflect the spirit and intent of such regulations. This may include updating forms, working cooperatively with lending departments to meet both Bank and regulatory needs, and testing performance with implemented processes to ensure understanding and compliance.
• Responds to branch and department inquiries about lending compliance issues, utilizing appropriate sources for accurate research.
• Stays current on industry standards, trends, and proposed and actual changes relating to relevant compliance topics.
• Participates on project teams as needed to ensure lending compliance needs are met for new products and processes.
• Performs lending compliance reviews to help ensure compliance with lending regulations.
• Helps research lending compliance questions posed by Bank personnel, auditors and examiners.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the Loan Operations Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to interpret and explain lending compliance laws and regulations affecting the Bank.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with desktop software tools such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and coordinate a variety of assignments simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently and function under limited supervision, while exercising good judgment, speed and accuracy.
• Ability to work effectively with various teams, exhibiting strong interpersonal skills.
• Identifies tasks, creates and manages a project plan in coordination with other departments.
• Minimum one to three years’ experience in lending and/or compliance.
• Experience using personal computers to perform responsibilities and generate accurate and meaningful information and reports.
EEO Policy Statement
InterBank is committed to maintaining an environment of equal opportunity. Accordingly, it is InterBank’s policy to provide equal opportunity for employment, advancement, and benefits to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, religion, sex, color, national origin, disability, citizenship status, uniform service membership/veteran status, or any other protected status as established by law.
Our commitment is to achieve and maintain excellence through full and equal opportunity, which is fundamental to the existence of InterBank. It is therefore the policy of InterBank not only to avoid direct discrimination but to go further. The company will act affirmatively to identify and eliminate barriers that may exclude or impede members of certain groups in their pursuit of excellence. Such affirmative action will address the treatment of persons who are already members of the company, as well as applicants for admission or employment.
View the EEO is The Law poster