This position provides diverse administrative support for the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Generalist also serves as a point of contact for both employees and line managers in answering questions and resolving Human Resources issues. Completes special projects as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Majority of duties performed, but not intended to be all-inclusive or to prevent other duties from being assigned.
• Serves as the secondary control and reconciles the bank’s Human Resources and Payroll systems; ensures employee and organizational data is accurately maintained in system, verifies semi-monthly payroll and ensures that salary data, time clock data, benefits data, payroll data, etc., are accurately maintained with proper authorizations.
• Works with managers to ensure that there is a current job description for each position. This includes the initial writing/development of a job description, as well as ensuring that job descriptions are maintained on a current basis.
• Update the organizational chart and verifies with managers the proper reporting structure is reflected.
• Assists with administering the bank’s various Human Resources policies and procedures. Keeps current on HR trends and changes in employment laws/regulations which may impact the bank. Makes recommendations for changes as needed.
• Assists the Director of Human Resources in administering health and welfare plans. Process required documents for payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and payroll records. Assists with coordination of annual open enrollment activities.
• Assists hiring managers with new employee orientation to ensure new employees have good understanding of benefit plans and bank policies and procedures.
• Reconciles monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy and reconcile the billing to payroll deductions. Resolves discrepancies and documents findings.
• Assist Director of Human Resources in preparing government reports related to EEO compliance (e.g., EEO-1), Vets 100 report and other Human Resources compliance areas such as the Affirmative Action Plan.
• Prepares the Multiple Worksite Report and submits data to the United States Department of Labor-Bureau of Labor Statistics quarterly by the deadline required by the Department of Labor.
• Prepares and submits annually the US Census Bureau report of organization.
• Works directly with managers and employees to help ensure that Human Resources deliver the highest level of service possible.
• Responds timely to questions about Human Resources policies and procedures and employee benefits plans and other Human Resources related issues. Brings more difficult or complex inquiries/issues to the attention of the Director of Human Resources.
• Review I-9 forms submitted by new hires and verify documentation provided meets the requirements. Audit I-9 folder quarterly.
• Assists with the recruiting/hiring process including submitting resumes/applications to the proper hiring manager, posting job openings, maintaining applicant flow logs though the Affirmative Action Plan software, conducting background checks and credit checks and verifying managers have conducted and documented reference checks.
• Assist the Director of Human Resources at the end of each year with preparing and submitting data to the 401k provider for Internal Revenue Service testing and 5500 preparation by the required deadline.
• Verify and review the annual 401k Employer Contribution spreadsheet prepared by the Director of Human Resources prior to submitting to audit.
• Updates/maintains Human Resources related documents, forms and employee handbook.
• Coordinates all exit activities upon employment termination to include verifying final pay, collecting bank property, collecting any funds owed to bank, completing exit checklists.
• Coordinates employee online training including assigning courses quarterly, monitoring completion, reporting to the Compliance Officer of non-completions and assisting with preparing the annual training schedule for board approval.
• Coordinates and schedules other training as necessary.
• Coordinates the new and renewal of notary commissions and bonds.
• Prepare the monthly salary analysis and variance report and reconcile to the general ledger.
• Coordinate the banks Family Medical Leave Act Program (FMLA) by assisting employees with questions and providing the proper documentation and approval to employees that request FMLA leave.
• Respond to verifications of employment and unemployment claims.
• Monitor and log the 5 consecutive days of vacation taken by each employee. Verify the dates are 5 consecutive working days. Report status as requested to Director of Human Resources and audit.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to handle information in a confidential manner.
• A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required for this position.
• Thorough knowledge of employment laws and Human Resources related laws and regulations;
• Thorough knowledge of Human Resources administrative functions and activities.
• Advanced computer skills, including spreadsheet, word processing, PowerPoint and organization chart software.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects to ensure timely and accurate completion with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent math skills and working knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources and 3-5 years of Human Resources experience or 4-6 years previous experience in an equivalent Human Resources environment.
Supervision of Others: None
Special Requirements: Ability to travel
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.
EEO Policy Statement
InterBank is committed to maintaining an environment of equal opportunity. Accordingly, it is InterBank’s policy to provide equal opportunity for employment, advancement, and benefits to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, religion, sex, color, national origin, disability, citizenship status, uniform service membership/veteran status, or any other protected status as established by law.
Our commitment is to achieve and maintain excellence through full and equal opportunity, which is fundamental to the existence of InterBank. It is therefore the policy of InterBank not only to avoid direct discrimination but to go further. The company will act affirmatively to identify and eliminate barriers that may exclude or impede members of certain groups in their pursuit of excellence. Such affirmative action will address the treatment of persons who are already members of the company, as well as applicants for admission or employment.
View the EEO is The Law poster