The Internal Auditor Intern will assist in performing, documenting, and communicating the results of internal audits and other projects.
• Perform and document fieldwork for internal audit and other control testing.
• Analyze results of testing and investigate exceptions through discussions with appropriate personnel.
• Identify internal control deficiencies, accounting errors, or compliance violations and the related root cause.
• Assist in the preparation of written audit reports and communicate findings and recommendations to management and the Audit Committee.
• Complete other responsibilities as required or assigned.
• Assist external auditors, regulatory examiners, and other consultants as necessary.
Candidates will be full-time students that have reached or are nearing junior status. Accounting or Finance majors are preferred.
• Basic understanding of accounting principles.
• Excellent analytical, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong leadership and team building skills.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
Occasional travel to other Banking Centers.
This is a part-time position with flexible hours and schedule.
The Intern will office at the 4921 North May, Oklahoma City Banking Center.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.
EEO Policy Statement:
InterBank is committed to maintaining an environment of equal opportunity. Accordingly, it is InterBank’s policy to provide equal opportunity for employment, advancement, and benefits to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, religion, sex, color, national origin, disability, citizenship status, uniform service membership/veteran status, or any other protected status as established by law.
Our commitment is to achieve and maintain excellence through full and equal opportunity, which is fundamental to the existence of InterBank. It is therefore the policy of InterBank not only to avoid direct discrimination but to go further. The company will act affirmatively to identify and eliminate barriers that may exclude or impede members of certain groups in their pursuit of excellence. Such affirmative action will address the treatment of persons who are already members of the company, as well as applicants for admission or employment.
View the EEO is The Law poster