JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing banking transactions for Bank customers. Supports personal banking functions by offering customers a variety of products and services. Opens and processes new deposit accounts and relationships and provides information on bank products and services.
1. Opens new accounts and deposit relationships and answers customer inquiries. Meets with customers and effectively interviews and profiles individuals in order to recommend appropriate banking needs and refers/recommends ways in which the bank can serve customers needs. Researches and resolves customer issues.
2. Solicits new banking relationships and cross sells and refers bank products and services to meet department and bank objectives.
3. Researches and resolves problems and responds to customer inquiries.
4. Prepares required loan and deposit products applications.
5. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Processes customer transactions with professionalism and courtesy.
Handles customer complaints and works through these sensitive issues to resolution.
Performs data entry to complete reporting requirements.
Ensures that currency and coin requirements, limitations, regulations and provisions are maintained.
Maintains a positive working relationship with customers and co-workers.
Know the identity of your customer to reduce fraud and risk of loss to the Bank.
Demonstrates knowledge and expertise of basic teller functions
Supports the Company’s overall mission, standards, and confidentiality guidelines.
Performs data entries for loan input.
Back up Drive-Thru Teller: ensuring that transactions are completed in a quick, efficient manner without delay and working multiple lanes to avoid long back-ups in traffic lanes.
Maintains strict confidentiality guidelines in accordance with Bank policy.
Maintains strict control and security of cash under your supervision.
Maintain policy and procedures as defined by Management.
Cross-sell products and services.
Assist with customer phone calls in a timely and courteous manner.
(Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
1. Excellent business communication skills (both verbal and written); ability to develop and present information in varied mediums
2. Strong sales and customer service skills
3. Sound judgment and decision making abilities
4. Strong interpersonal communication and supervisory skills; strong team player
5. Ability to organize and prioritize
1. High School Degree required, Bachelor's Degree desired
2. Minimum 2 years personal banking or customer relationship related experience required
3. Knowledge of personal bank and financial products and sales techniques
EEO Policy Statement
InterBank is committed to maintaining an environment of equal opportunity. Accordingly, it is InterBank’s policy to provide equal opportunity for employment, advancement, and benefits to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, religion, sex, color, national origin, disability, citizenship status, uniform service membership/veteran status, or any other protected status as established by law.
Our commitment is to achieve and maintain excellence through full and equal opportunity, which is fundamental to the existence of InterBank. It is therefore the policy of InterBank not only to avoid direct discrimination but to go further. The company will act affirmatively to identify and eliminate barriers that may exclude or impede members of certain groups in their pursuit of excellence. Such affirmative action will address the treatment of persons who are already members of the company, as well as applicants for admission or employment.
View the EEO is The Law poster