Accounting Assistant (Part-Time)
Regional Sales Workers
Area Manager Arizona/New Mexico
Area Manager North/Central Florida
Area Manager NY State including Rochester, Albany, Syracuse and lower NY excluding Manhattan
Area Manager Southern California
|Scope and Summary of the Position: The accounting assistant is responsible for assisting the accounting staff with day to day clerical functions within the department.|
|Responsibilities: A summary of the accounting assistant’s responsibilities are as follows:|
1. Filing of accounts receivable and accounts payable invoices and correspondence.
2. Mailing of monthly customer accounts receivable statements.
3. Data entry of accounts payable vouchers.
4. Pulling and organizing backup information for accounts payable check runs.
5. Assist with daily deposit such as posting cash and credit cards.
6. Audit expense reports for proper documentation and coding.
7. Assist with daily and monthly bank reconciliation.
8. Mailing accounts payable checks after all approvals and signatures have been completed
9. Record and audit daily inventory cycle counts from the warehouse.
10. Other duties and projects as assigned Accounting Manager or Controller.
Requirements for the Position:
Education: Current college student majoring in business, preferably in accounting
Years of Experience: At least one year of prior office experience preferred but not required
Specific Experience Requirements: Prior office experience preferred, but Marco is willing to train Accounting Assistant to perform duties assigned.
Qualified accounting assistants will have the ability to read and interpret reports, instructions and procedure manuals. They will also have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence along with the ability to speak effectively with vendors and other employees of the Company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of intermediate algebra.
Advanced user skills with Microsoft Office products (primarily Excel and Word). Working knowledge of sales tax software and AS400 is preferred.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to perform research and resolution of outstanding items.